20/06/2019

Flyers of the night sky - Sizzix


It's almost nightless night here in Finland (Midsummer), but still I made some night inspired ATCs. These are made using Sizzix dies. If you are into mixed media and dies, then please check out the sale that's happening in the UK website! Here's a link to get you browsing on the selection (link). And even better news - you could also win a pack of mixed media dies! You can enter here (link).


The inspiration to these came from the bird pattern in the "Birds and Stars" die set and also the "Adorned" die set. I started thinking about the spiral patterns the birds sometimes fly when they are migrating and there's a huge flock of them. So, I put the two together, the spirals and the birds. 

Naturally I could have gone with any color scheme, but somehow I was drawn to the electric blue and that reminded me of the night. Thus the name of the set - "Flyers of the night sky". I used several different mediums while making the cards, adding gesso, acrylic paint and even paper paste to them. The base for the composition, apart from the actual ATC sized piece of cardstock, was a tag cut using "Essential Tags" die. I added a piece of twine to each so even if there's a ton of stuff on top, you can still spot the tags. I also cut some layering paper using "Paper Cuts Alphabet" die and tore the sheet into smaller pieces which I then added to the cards. 

Thank you for stopping by today! 


Sizzix materials used: 



Materials: Sizzix, Prima Marketing







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...