06/06/2019

Cut and Paste - Wellspring challenge #2


Moikka! Can you believe it's already Thursday? I surely can't, time seems to be flying this week! On Monday I shared first two ATCs which I made to a Wellspring 2019 challenge. They were for the first challenge with the idea to limit your supplies. These two cards are made for the second challenge. 

But what is Wellspring 2019 you ask? It's a summer workshop by Mixed Up Creative Academy, concentrating on the self-care through creating! I'm going to blog more about the workshop, but if you want to take a peek already, here's the workshop page at Mixed Up Creative Academy shop (link)! Please also note that there's an early bird discount happening at the shop right now. Buying the workshop now and using code "early19" will save you £6 from the normal price. The offer is valid until June 13th.


But back to the challenge. Each of the lessons in the workshop has a different theme. Some of those themes are now translated into challenges and by participating you can be in for a draw for a spot for free in the workshop! More info about how to participate in the Mixed Media Learning Zone Facebook group (link) here

The second challenge is about connecting with you materials and mediums. In this case, painting with your fingers instead of using a brush. All the challenges are made in ATC form so they are easy to complete even in a hurry.


I love painting with my fingers! I do that occasionally, especially when I need to relax and relieve stress. For these cards I played with different colors and added some fingerprint dots as pattern as well. I wasn't thinking anything in particular, just playing with colors and feeling the paint. 

After the paint layer had dried, I then added some stamping and doodling on top. If you compare these to the first ones, you may see a re-occurring element. It's the handwritten parts and that echoes what I did for the workshop.

If you'd like to swap these with me, you need to participate to the challenge! 

Thank you for stopping by today! 


Materials: Prima Marketing, 7 Dots Studio, Posca, Ranger




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...