27/12/2018

Where you can - be kind - Prima Marketing


Hi there again! Did you have a splendid Christmas time? Today I'm sharing a layout I did for Prima with a video and some tips. I used one of the new collections in making it.


The new collections are all so beautiful! I love the drama in “Midnight Garden”, the patterns on “Pretty Pale” and the colors of “Spring Farmhouse”. I also love the tenderness and softness of the colors and designs at “Poetic Rose”, which I used to make this layout. 


The topic of the layout is my daughter, who is always so kind and caring. Luckily at home she lets loose, but especially in school she always thinks of everyone else and is the first to greet new people and make sure that everyone has someone to play with. So, the title, “Where you can – be kind”, is kind of her guiding line in life. 

I worked with A4 sized paper pad in this layout and used it to make the background, the paper layers and some of the embellishments, too. There’s so much you can do with just paper! What I also wanted to show with this page is that you can use also other things for layers than just paper. So, the layers behind the photo consist some fabrics and a self-made lace like acetate, too. 


I filmed the process while working on the page and put together some tips for you. You can see the video a bit further up and the tips are below. I hope you like them all inspiring!

Thank you so much for your visit today! Have a splendid Thursday! 


Tip 1. Follow through. A good way to make the project cohesive is to follow a theme through out the page. I did it here with the music notes that are found in the background and in the stamp as well as picking the colors I used from the papers I used. 

Another good thing is to balance project out by adding similar items both on left and right or up and down of the project. You can see that here for example the way I added the notes patterned paper both on the right side of the photo and the little strip of the left.


Tip 2. Patch work. If you don’t have a patterned 12x12 at hand, try using a solid cardstock as your background. If that doesn’t fit your style, build a background out of smaller pieces. Here I used two A4 sheets that are stitched on top of a white 12x12 sheet but you can use smaller pieces as well, especially if you make it quilt style.



Tip 3. Softer side. If you are low on paper, try adding fabric and lace to the piece. They make up wonderful soft layers and go especially well for a sewing / handicrafts themed page! What you can also do is make a lace of your own using a sheet of acetate or product packaging, a stencil and modeling paste. 





Materials: Prima Marketing, Paper Garden


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...