11/12/2018

'Tis the Season - Sizzix


Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la laa! The Holiday season is almost here and I created a layout using a photo that was taken a couple of years back. 

I was just talking to a friend and we pondered how Christmas is changed over the years. As a child is magical and fairy-tale like, then during teen years it's just free time from school, then it changes again when a partner comes along and you can explore different traditions and what I wait for now is the time with the family and the Holiday foods. Even though I could bake a date cake any time of the year, I only do those during Christmas time. Same with "joulutorttu" - plum filled star shaped pastries - and many other dishes. They are Holiday food and eating them during summer, for example, would just feel odd. 


I made this layout using Sizzix UK supplies. I combined quite a few die sets in my make. The background is done using a 7 Dots Studio paper on top of which I added some gesso and green acrylic paint. I used the "left over" piece of the cardstock I cut the deer from as my stencil and inked a couple more deer to the background through it. The deer is from "Woodland Deer" set (link).

I added just a couple of paper layers under the photo and then started to build the focal point on top of the photo using a wreath shape and a bunch of leaves and branches. The twig branch is cut using the "Pretty Wreath" die set (link) and all the holly leaves, fir branches and mistletoe boughs using "Winter Foliage" set (link).


Talking about Sizzix, have you noticed the new App that was just launched last week? Learn more about it here (link) or see the intro video above. If you are interested in the Holiday makes, Sizzix UK has a whole page dedicated to the season (link) and also a Christmas calendar (link)

Thank you for stopping by today! 


Materials from Sizzix: 



Materials: Sizzix, 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, A Flair for Buttons, Ranger, Tape Garden



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...