06/11/2018

Altered winter hoop - Sizzix


Moikka! Is it winter in your neck of woods already or still going strong with autumn? The weather here in Finland is trying to choose between the two. Some days even here in the south are wintery ones, but most of the time it's still mist, rain and autumn feelings. 

But in crafting I'm kind of orientated to upcoming Christmas and winter-time. Like with this altered embroidery hoop I did using Sizzix dies. If you are in winter and more over Christmas mode already, Sizzix UK has a "Christmas Hub" (link) for all things connected to this season! There's even printable tutorials, so please have a look. 


This project got me by surprise. I was crafting and die cutting and layering and then the piece was done in my eyes and then it hit me. I hadn't used any mediums in it! Can you imagine? I first thought to add some on top, but then decided otherwise. The hoop looked like a balanced piece so why go ruin it. Had I fun making it? Yes! So goals achieved! Even without the mediums which I usually steer towards to and love to use. 

The deer and most of the branches are cut out of Making Essentials cardstock. The delicate mistletoe branches are out of wax paper and the doily out of white smooth cardstock. To see the dies I used, please scroll a bit further down. And if you'd like to win some Christmas dies of your own, enter the giveaway at Sizzix UK site (link)! Open until 16th, read more info from the giveaway site. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a great week! 


Supplies used from Sizzix:



Materials: Sizzix, Sinelli

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...