21/07/2018

A Good Teacher - Prima Marketing


Hi there! Yesterday it was a video day at Prima blog again and I made a layout for the post. I started to think what to do this time or rather, what angle to take to scrapbooking and especially the tips I share in these posts. It’s still July, but the schools are starting soon again so I thought to use that spark in my layout and incorporate elements my daughter made to the page.


The drawing I added here is actually a couple of years old, but it could be her teacher. I used the drawing to narrow down my color scheme – pinks and oranges. I also chose the background paper with the school theme in mind – the Scrabble looking alphabet tiles seemed really appropriate! 

How my daughter also participated to the layout is something you can’t see – it’s the journaling, hidden inside a little envelope behind the photo. This is something you can use if you don’t want the journaling to show but want to incorporate it to the page somehow.

I recorded a video while making the page so you can see how it came together. Underneath is also a couple of tips, hope you find them useful! 


Thank you for stopping by today! Huge hugs from Finland!


Tip 1. Seeing doubles and triples? Nope, it’s just a couple of photos I have stored for scrapbook layouts. I don’t own a photo printer but order my photos so I tend to order a lot at one go. I always try to keep some shots of my two girls, my husband and me in my “scrapbook these” photo folder so I can do a page about them. They are just random, fun pictures without a story of their own.


Tip 2. Let others shine! If you have kids you probably know how much art they create. It’s impossible to save all, but I try to keep some drawings that I find somehow inspirational in my own storage, so I can use them in layouts or other projects. They aren’t the best ones, as they are stored elsewhere, but just something I could see as a part of a project.


Tip 3. Out of sight but always in mind – at least when you open the envelope or pull out a tag. If you don’t want the journaling to be a visible part of the page, there’s a lot of options. Just stash it in an envelope, a little glassine pouch or a pocket. Just remember NOT to use a stapler to add it to the paper layers or you can’t use it. Or even worse, the journaling already inside will stay hidden! 


Materials from Prima: 

848071 – Heaven Sent 2 12x12 
993139 – Amber Moon 6x6 Pad 
847777 – Rossibelle Vintage Memories 12x12 
991289 – Sweet Peppermint The Most Wonderful Time of the Year 12x12 
964542 – Impasto acrylic paint Pumpkin 
964566 – Impasto acrylic paint Raspberry Pink 
589264 – Color Philosophy Ink Frosting 
589158 – Color Philosophy Ink Flamingo 
596781 – Color Philosophy Permanent Ink Chat Noir 
593605 – Planner Glue Pen Set 
576714 – Watercolor Pencils The Basics 
992125 – Love Clippings Cling Stamp set 
960902 – Circles Clear Stamp 
993245 – Amber Moon Word Stickers 
593155 – MPP Embellishments Be Happy Ephemera Pack 
593100 – MPP Embellishments Be Happy Stickers 
911997 – JN Planner Pockets and Labels 
562878 – Uppercase Canvas Alphabet Stickers Lady Bird 
570453 – IOD Sugar Dots


Materials: Prima Marketing


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...