04/05/2018

Patina brush - Prima Marketing


Moikka! Today I'm sharing a little something with you - an altered brush. As you may have noticed, I’ve done some altered brushes before and usually they are some what sweet and flowery. This time I thought to make it a bit different and used Patina Paste instead of sparkly acrylics to paint my brush. I couldn’t do the brush without some flowers, though, so I added some Mechanical ones.


I started by painting the brush black using Black Gesso. Then I adhered the elements to the brush with 3D Gel. Before adhered the little glass vile from the "French Riviera" ephemera set, I filled it with Microbeads. They are not that visible anymore, underneath all the patina, but they do shimmer occasionally.

I mixed the three colors of the Patina set together with the Aged Brass wax. I love the Patina pastes, but wax is so much easier to add to details and highlight the texture! 


If you wait until tomorrow, there's a big chance that you'll see a few more altered brushes along Instagram. Just saying, hint, hint. So please be sure to check Instagram tomorrow! Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a gorgeous day and great start to the weekend!

Ps. I'm so happy about many things but I'm always grateful about the Ambassador post with Finnabair. I simply love her mediums and Mechanicals! I also really love the new ambassador badge, such a cool background and colors! What I would really like is another paper collection - it's been too long since "Cold Country" (link) was released!

Pps. If you want to see me do a live demo, on Sunday you have your chance! I'm using black gesso, Modeling Paste, some Mechanicals and new shades of acrylic paints doing some mixed media tags. You can see more here (link) in a FB event page.


Materials:

964351 – Patina Paste set 
961367 – 3D Gloss Gel 
961459 – Heavy Gesso Black 
965945 – Mechanicals Flowers 
961053 – Mechanicals Gears 
960339 – Mechanicals Roses 
583668 – French Riviera Ephemera 
963965 – Art Alchemy Metallique wax Aged Brass 
962586 – Micro Beads Bronze 


Materials: Prima Marketing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...