07/05/2018

I like sloths - A Flair for Buttons


Hiya there! It's again new week and new projects to share! This layout is done for A Flair for Buttons. The topic of the layout this time was inspired by one of the new flair sets - the Sloth Love. The moment I saw those I knew I had to do a page about my older daughter! She was so excited about sloths after visiting the local zoo with school and learning that the oldest sloth alive, Coco, (in a zoo) is in Finland. We needed to visit the zoo a couple of times just to check how Coco was doing.



Like always, I started the page with mediums, but wanted to do a bit differently this time. So I first added gesso, like I often do, but then added some die cut clouds on top. To enhance the dreamy feel I added also some Zs in there turning a foam alphabet letter into a stamp. After that I finished the background with pastel splashes on the colors of the flair buttons I had chosen to use. Naturally I also needed to stamp that cute sloth in there, goes with the topic! I took a picture before continuing, just showing the background layers if you want to study them. 


After getting the background ready, I then added the paper layers and embellished the page. The first button to be included was naturally from the Sloth Love set. I also added a cloud patterned one from Sunny as it fitted the clouds I added as die cuts to the background. Some hearts were in order, too, as the page is about love. The pale blue ones are from Pastel Heart Bokeh set.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a sweet and dreamy day!


Sets used:

  



Materials: A Flair for Buttons, Prima Marketing, American Crafts, Wow Embossing Powder, Sizziz, Lawn Fawn


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...