09/02/2018

Bookmark - Sizzix


Hello there and happy Friday! Today I'm sharing a little something I did using Sizzix dies. It's a bookmark with mixed media touches and really easy construction with a ready tag. But first a hint for you - would you like to win a new Foldaway machine? Well, if you said yes, please follow this link and see how to participate (link)! And if you tried your luck in the previous Sizzix giveaway, be sure to check if you won from here (link)

But back to the bookmark! I started by cutting a slightly smaller piece of gelliprinted paper than the tag. I used a ready tag here, but naturally you could do your own with "Tag Collection" die set as well. Then I cut the bird and the wreath in a number of materials using the "Songbird" die. First I cut it from an old book page, then using the patterned paper and finally the bird part of thin cork. I matched the patterned paper to the colors of the gelliprinted paper and somehow the book page seemed really appropriate for such a craft! Then I just layered and adhered everything together and trimmed the extra off. I finished the piece with a little flag saying "you are here" in Finnish. You can see all the dies in a list below and naturally find them from Sizzix site (link).

I made this bookmark plain out of need for one! I read to my girls in Finnish every second night (my husband reading in Swedish every other) and thus far I've been using whatever little note as my bookmark. But something like this could be a gift for a friend, too! If you'd like more Valentines inspiration, please see this page at Sizzix site (link). There's also new printable papers there! 

Thank you so much for stopping by today and have a great start to the weekend! 


Dies used: 



Materials: Sizzix, Talens, Elizabeth Craft Designs, Prima Marketing, Ranger

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...