22/01/2017

#littlemoments - Scrap FX


Delightful Sunday! I'm today keeping a couple of workshops in Espoo, what are you up to?

Here's another project for Scrap FX using the latest, mechanical collection. This project is a small canvas, which is actually something I just needed to do. This was something I saw immediately when I saw the "Fob Watch Butterfly" chippie. Well, naturally I didn't know all the details, but I saw it as the centerpiece in a canvas.


The mechanicals and steampunk feeling the new collection has, brings into my mind a rusty, weathered color palette. So I used that in this piece. The background is done using quite a few mediums, but I also used Rust Pastes in there. I also included some touches of teal there like the weathered copper and that gave me the idea for the color of the butterfly. The butterfly is first embossed with white embossing powder, then coated with a sparkling teal colored embossing glitter and finally treated partly with the same paints I used in the background.


The layers in the background include first of all a clock design made with the "Mechanical Time" stencil. On top of it there's the clock hands and the big round things, stacked on top of each other are from the "Accessory Cogs" set. They frame the butterfly nicely and mimic the center clock on it, too.

Thank you for stopping by today! Ta ta for now!


Materials from Scrap FX:



Materials: Scrap FX, Wow Embossing Powders, Prima Marketing


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...