23/11/2016

Cottage - Scrap FX


Hello there! Is it summer yet? No, I actually like winter but the rainy, dark version isn't to my taste. But it makes the summer feel even sweeter! This summer project is done for Scrap FX. Normally I try to make the projects I do for my second monthly post fit together some how, but this time it was impossible. I just needed to use the butterflies for a spring or summer page and I really wanted to use new gingerbread houses as well. So I did a layout celebrating the lightest part of the year in Finland and two cards to be used as Christmas cards! I shall share the cards tomorrow.


This layout is about summer and summer house. As the journaling stages, the cottage and summer somehow go together. We don't spend that much time there as we are usually working while the kids spend a part of their summer there with my parents, but still it's nice to visit it, go to sauna and see the fields moving to the breeze.

I chose to go with my favorite color scheme but added some light purple or pink to the mix as well. I started the layout by stenciling the geometric pattern to the background using the "Triangles" stencil. On top of that I stamped the plants using the "Blossom Stem" and the "Leafy Stem" stamps. After drying those I then stamped with embossing ink some of the smaller butterflies from the "Beautiful Butterfly" set and embossed those with turquoise embossing glitter.



Most of the chipboard shapes in the page are painted with white gesso - the big butterfy, the two swirls and the birds. Just the hearts differ, those I treated with Liquid Pearls.

Thank you for stopping by today! Please come again tomorrow!




Materials: Scrap FX, 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, A Flair for Buttons, Ranger, Wow Embossing Powder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...