09/05/2016

Bon voyage! - A Flair for Buttons


Happy Saturday! Remember what I wrote yesterday about the colors I've been recently drawn towards? See the palette in this page I did for A Flair for Buttons? 

It's very rarely that I have a clear picture of the page I want to make. I just try different things, have fun and invent as I go along. It was like that with this page as well - I started with some stencil work, then added stamping, paints, doodling and so forth. To me the process of creating is at leas as important as the finished layout.


This page is about the bears in Berlin. As one of the possible sources for the name of the city is from the word "bear" there were bears here and there around the city. There's a huge amount of the United Buddy Bears but also other styled bears like the ones in the photo.

As the statue in question had a grungy feeling, I wanted to continue the same feel through out the page. To bring modern elements to the page, I chose the "Sherbert Triangles" flairs to decorate the page and added one from the "More Lovely Words 3" set as well. 

I have done quite a few pages about the last summer vacation already, but I like to add different pages to the collection. Some of the pages are really straight forward holiday pages, some more like this, trying to capture a detail of the city. How do you document your vacation?

Thank you for stopping by today!


Sets used:




Materials: A Flair for Buttons, 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Sharpie, Ranger, Broucek, Wow Embossing Powders

1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

Riikka - a beautiful page and design and the photo of the bear is awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...