23/01/2016

Now is the right time - Mixed Media Place


More challenges ahead! The mid-month time means a new challenge not only at 7 Dots Studio but also at Mixed Media Place! So be prepared for another gym exercise! This time the theme is "new beginnings" - quite fitting for the first challenge of the year, right?

First thing that came into my head when thinking about “new beginnings” was flowers and plants. So I made a journal spread with three blooms and wrote about my hopes and dreams for the new year. I used really loopy letters and wrote the lines on top of each other so that the text is not that readable anymore. 


The background of the spread is done using acrylic paints. On top of them I added some stamping and pencil swirls. Then colored the blooms using three different mediums. First I colored the blooms using Oil Pastels and was actually quite amazed how well the Oil Pastels covered the stamped words underneath the bloom as I didn’t mask it. Next I layered some Mica paint on to the flowers and then added Liquid Pearls to the center of the blooms.

Thank you for your visit today! Wishing you a lovely weekend! 


Products from Mixed Media Place:

     
  


Materials: Ranger, Prima Marketing, Sharpie

1 comment:

Val-Belle said...

Oh I love these they are beautiful. The colours are gorgeous. Way to go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...