09/10/2015

Embrace Possibilities - Scrap FX


Can you guess what inspired me to make this page for Scrap FX? The page got its spark from a bag of letters and I used them as the main ingredient in my background. As you can see, I treated the letters more like shapes than actual parts of words. Some of the letters lay on their side, some are upside down, what ever fitted the design better.


I started by marking the spot of my photo and then added the letters around the space. To get some detailing on top of the letters I used the "Harlequin" stamp together with acrylic paint. There's also circles drawn through the "Circle Star" stencil in the background.

I used the "Chick" stamp to make a bird embellishment to my page. I also added geotags, a frame and some stars. Each one of these are treated differently. The geotags are colored black and white using India ink felt pen and Sharpie. The frame got a hint of blue with acrylic paint and the stars are covered using Pearlmaker. I also used the filmstrips underneath the photo.


The page is about my younger daughter who is keen on petting animals and really loves them. When we visited a zoo in Berlin the best place to her was the petting zoo part. I wanted to document her love for animals but the page took a turn when I added the stamped title. It became more an encouragement to her, stating that more or less, everything is possible if you put your heart and mind to it.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely day!


Products used:




Materials:
Scrap FX, Prima Marketing, Ranger, Sharpie, 7 Dots Studio, A Flair for Buttons, Design Memory Craft

3 comments:

Val-Belle said...

I think that this is my all time fave page of your. I love the colours and the design and it is a CAS layout for you which is right up my alley. Such a good idea to use the letters. I have so many odd ones. I am trying so hard to get back into the swing of things and finding it hard but I do love visiting your blog <3

Unknown said...

I love this scrapbook page! The chipboard letters and stars are so cute! Just found your blog and look forward to seeing your future projects.

Kathy Bradley said...

Riikka,
The page is beautiful - as is the photo of your daughter! And, I really like the color combo and the letters look so wonderful as the backdrop for your photo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...