04/09/2015

Berlin - A Flair for Buttons


I have exciting news to share!  I have a new design team! I have joined the team of the A Flair for Buttons - an Etsy shop with a wonderful selection of different flair buttons. Thank you Shelley for asking me to join and thank you all teamies for the warm welcomes! Looking forward to this adventure! You can see the original post here (link).


For the reveal post I created a new layout. The topic of the page is our summer vacation trip to Berlin. It was the first time for my daughters to be on board an airplane and the first visit to Berlin for us all. We fell in love with the city and really hope to go back one day! So the sticker "Ps. I love you" refers both to the city and to my lovely daughters.

Even though this is the first 12x12" page I did about the vacation I didn't want to use a obvious photo like one I took from the iconic Brandenburg Gate. Instead I wanted something more personal so I went with this photo of my kids. The picture in the page is taken in the garden of Charlottenburg Castle after we had had a dinner in a restaurant and the kids got lollipops from the waiter.


To keep the page light and happy I chose pastel colors and fun papers both from 7 Dots Studio and Prima Marketing. The "Watercolor Designs 2" set from A Flair for Buttons shop fits the summer-like color scheme perfectly. Also the "Watercolor Splatter" have the same sweet sorbet colors as well as the "Capture Life 1". The lovely little camera from that set has both the turquoise and the pink in it that I included in my page. 

After all the pastel details I felt that the page needed some contrast, too. Then I happened to notice the bloom flair from the "Lovely Words 10" set and remembered all the beautiful flowers in the palace garden. The orange and brown bloom gives a great contrast to the otherwise light page.

Thank you for your visit today! Wishing you a lovely start to the weekend!


Sets used from the A Flair for Buttons shop:




Materials: A Flair for Buttons, 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Ranger, Sharpie

1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

Riikka,
Beautiful page - as always - and a wonderful photo of your kids. It sounds as if you had an awesome vacation! I love the flair you used - so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...