23/07/2015

Heart of Gold - Mixed Media Place


Thursday already! Soon it's weekend time! But today I have something a bit different to share with you - a pendant made for Mixed Media Place. It was posted there yesterday (link).


This piece got its start when I saw one of the hearts of the Archival Cast line in the Mixed Media Place's shop and thought it might make a nice pendant. When I then got the actual piece it was a bit bigger than I thought, but I still went along with my idea. Maybe it’s fit for a rap artist? 

As you can see from the video above, I turned the pendant into golden one with the help of a few mediums. Most of all I wanted to add shine to the piece with Fab Foil. But as that really shines, I needed then to tone the piece down. A perfect medium for that was Black Gesso combined with Gold Mica. What the Mica does is adds just a tad warmth and shine to the gesso.

Thank you for your visit today! Wishing you a pleasant evening!


Materials from Mixed Media Place:

    
    


Materials: Prima Marketing, Wow Embossing Powders, Ranger, Tonic Studios, Tattered Angels

9 comments:

enkulin käsityöt said...

IHANA. Kiitos videosta. Todella opettavainen. Taidankin opetella käyttämään mömmöjäni uudella tavalla.

Caroline said...

Absolutely stunning! The black with ggold gives both grunge & beauty. All your additions are just right, a real treasure.
Way too gorgeous for a rap artist.....lol. C. :))

Kotolifestyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kotolifestyle said...

Kaunis. Beautiful. Stunning. Upea. Sanat loppuu kesken. I love it!

mamablitger said...

What an awesome heart you created. I really love the way you made it look. A big grungy and wirn...but yet elegant. What a great artsit you are. Thank you also for making a video. To me it makes it so much easier to follow your steps.
Thank you so MUCH for sharing this fabulous piece of art.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Riikka Kovasin said...

Ihana kuulla, että innosti ja inspiroi! :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :")

Lol about the rap artists :D

Riikka Kovasin said...

Suurkiitos :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you for the awesome comment! <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...