30/06/2015

Happy Mail - 7 Dots Studio


Might today be a happy mail day? Don't you just love to have an actual letter or at least an envelope without a bill? There's the hand-made happy mails like ATCs and cards and then there's the kind of happy mails I'm hugging in the picture - the parcels with some new play things! This page to celebrate those kinds of days is created for 7 Dots Studio together with a tutorial.

Oh and talking about 7 Dots Studio, you have checked out the new collections, haven't you? There's two by DeeDee Catron called "Lost and Found" and "Yuletide" and one by the owner of 7 Dots, Tusia Lech called "Verano Azul". Be sure to check those out, they are amazing! And if you happen to live in Finland or be here during autumn, we're playing with the new collections in my workshops!


But now to the page. As much as I love happy mail I also love layers! I usually combine both dimensional and flat layers in my pages. So in this pages, like in many of my layouts, I created some flat layers to the background using various mediums and then added dimension with the paper layers and embellishments.

I recorded a little video of the steps I used to create the page. I sped the video up but even in real speed it wouldn’t have taken too long to watch – this was an easy, breezy, quick layout! Even if you use mixed media touches in the background, the process doesn’t have to be long. Just some extra time for drying!


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you liked the video and got some inspiration out of it! 


Materials from 7 Dots Studio:

Illumination: Clear Stamps 1

Um Wow Studio: Starry Night Flair


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Tattered Angels, Prima Marketing, Um Wow Studio, Garn und Mehr, Ranger

4 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful layout and love the soft colours

talkis23 said...

wow beautiful layout again Riikka

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Cindy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...