17/04/2015

Fly Soar Inspiration - Scrap FX


Yesterday I blogged my first layout for Scrap FX this month and promised to show the other one today. This is the more rough piece. This time it's about flying and soaring of ideas and inspiration.

The cicada wings had a steampunk vibe to me so I decided to use a photo of my metal embellishments as the vocal point and go with the flow. To emphasize the feeling I used a brown color scheme and added metallics and black in there.


I started the page by using the moth stencil two ways - as a mask and also as a stamp. I also stamped some hot air balloons in there and added little drawn dots to the background as well. On top I again layered the patterned papers and a load of chipboards and other embellishments.

For this page I kept the chipboard shapes in their natural color as the brown natural look fitted the style well. The shade makes me think about corrugated cardboard. The other possibility would have been to turn the chippies into metal with embossing powders. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Let the inspiration soar! 


Materials from Scrap FX:




Materials: Scrap FX, Prima Marketing, A Flair for Buttons, Tattered Angels, Canvas Corp, Design Memory Craft, 7 Dots Studio

6 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Riikka,
A gorgeous and beautiful layout - the colors are wonderful and the picture is amazing. Do you plan your layouts - or do you just create? Everything you do is always wonderful.

kjjc said...

absolutely sensational

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you so much <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Kathy!
I usually go with the flow, making decision as I make the project :)

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Wow! This is just fabulous Riikka!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :")

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...