27/11/2014

Reading - Mixed Media Place


Happy Thanksgiving! I wish you a lovely, pleasant day and lots of things to be grateful for! One of things I'm grateful for are you - so thank you my readers, followers and friends in the craft world! 

Today I'm sharing a layout I did for Mixed Media Place. Here's a link to the original post (link). The page is about reading and how the habit of reading out loud has passed on in our family. 

I attended a workshop earlier this year and we were asked to go through some old photos before that. As I was flipping through the albums, I chose some photos to be scanned and made duplicates from them. This particular picture is me in my mom's lap, listening to a story. The journaling of the page is how we, me and my husband, try to keep the tradition alive by reading daily to our daughters.


As you may have noticed, I used a lot of different mediums in my layouts - different stencils, acrylic paints, gesso, mists, stamps, stamping inks and Gelatos. As most of the supplies are added on top of each other and there may only be a touch here and there I made a picture showing were some of the supplies are. Like for example the Gelatos to give a touch of color to the circles drawn through a stencil with a pencil. What do you think about the picture - is it informative? Should I do them more? I got the idea around the web - at least Yvonne Yam uses this kind of pictures. 

What also makes this page special is that this is the first one I used the awesome stencils Kasia has designed! I love how fresh, modern and contemporary their designs are!

Thank you for stopping by today! I'm very grateful for each and every visit and comment! Thank you so much! Wishing you a pleasant, happy day!


Materials from Mixed Media Place:

     
     
     
     
   


Materials: Tattered Angels, 3rd Eye, Prima Marketing, Ranger, Design Memory Craft, American Crafts, Sharpie, Wow Embossing Powders, 7 Dots Studios, Sodalicious, The Crafter's Workshop


3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Go, Kasia, designing stencils! LOOOVE this page.... & I really like how Yvonne takes ordinary moments & scraps them. Your girls will love seeing this page as they grow older. Lovely to have those 'generational' traditions:) And, of course, it is beautifully scrapped! Goes without saying;)!!

Marsha Valk said...

Love the explaining photo! And I love that you scrapbooked a childhood photo! Such a lovely page!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful layout! What a beautiful story behind the photo! Such a great keepsake to treasure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...