06/11/2014

3 - C'est Magnifique November Mixed Media Kit


I had the pleasure to guest over at C'est Magnifique kits last month! I received the November mixed media kit and the papers. You can see the kit reveal post here (link). The papers in the kit were from Blue Fern Studios's "Montage" collection. They are sweet and sugar coated!

I did three layouts and a canvas with the supplies from the kit. The first thing I did when I received the supplies was to divide them into four piles according to color - I was planning on doing three pages and the canvas. So there was a yellow stash, a pink stash, a turquoise stash and a black one. This is because I tend to use either analogous or even monochromatic color scheme in my pages.

This page is done with the pink supplies in the kit. The photo is an old one - it's me with my parents on their first wedding anniversary after I was born. I'm about six months old. I did the background using white gesso, a pink mist and stamping. I also added the pink ink from the kit through the "fleur de lil" stencil. 


I used pink papers and tags to make the layers behind the photo. Embellishments include a few flowers, the metal clock and some rhinestones. I also used one of the layered stickers to balance the design out. I also made black confetti style pieces using two little circle punches and one of the black packaging pieces in the kit. On the same packaging I also stamped the bow using the pink ink in the kit and then traced the design with a white pen. I used the Liquid Pearls to add some final touches to the page making three rows of small pearls. 


Materials: C'est Magnifique, Tattered Angels, 7 Dots Studios, Blue Fern Studios, Prima Marketing, Clearsnap, Crate Paper, Ranger, Sharpie, Design Memory Craft, Fiskars, Stampin' Up!

6 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

sigh and swoon ...... this is magnificent so many beautiful and subtle elements to gaze my eye on .. love x

Jeppula said...

Ihana sivu:)

Jonna said...

So beautiful! Love the circles behind the photo, and the use of cluster on the opposite side.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you so much Heather! :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Suurkiitos! :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Jonna :")

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...