27/10/2014

Too Big Boots - Words and Paintery


Happy start to the new week! I decided to give myself a break from DT work for a page and did a page for the current Words and Paintery challenge. The palette they had was just right up to my alley and as the word was "paintery", I decided to use my new found love for acrylic paints.


The picture is takes some time ago when our younger daughter decided to try my shoes. They are and were literally too big still. The journaling also speaks about "too big shoes" in metaphorical way as her big sister has such a different personality than she. Where her sister is calm and composed, the younger one is energetic and easily distracted. So her sister in a way leaves her big shoes to be filled, I'm afraid.


I started the page by applying layers of acrylic paint to the paper. On top I added some mist splashes, stamping, doodling and of course the paper layers. To finish the page I added a flair button, some stickers and the huge title.

Thank you for stopping by tonight! 


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, 3rd Eye, Tattered Angels, Ranger, Sodalicious, Marion Smith Designs, American Crafts, My Mind's Eye, Prima Marketing, Epiphany Crafts, Carabelle Studio, Design Memory Craft, Sharpie


24 comments:

Anna Ekman said...

Beautiful, I like those thin white arrows. Thanks for playing with Words and Paintery.

Marie/Mison said...

I love this Riikka! Your interpretation Of the challenge is spot on! Thanks for playing with us at Words & Paintery.

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous.. love the back ground!

enkulin käsityöt said...

Oi että on jälleen UPEA.

Unknown said...

Oh wowwwww I adore your interpretation of our October Challenge! Thanks for Playing at Words and Paintery

Kotolifestyle said...

Amazing art. Upea työ.olet vaan niin hyvä kaikessa mitä teet. Thanks for playing with us at Words&Paintery

Denise van Deventer said...

Such a cute little page...and a sweet photo of your daughter! Love that background....amazing! ;-)

Wilma Voermans said...

Love the way you used the colors Riikka ! Thanks for playing with us at Words & Paintery !

Val-Belle said...

Yeah sometimes you just have to take a break. I love the colours on this one and that is just the cutest photo ever.

wiosanka said...

Rikka, You are the best :-) Fantastic layout. I just LOVE it :-)
Thank You for joining is at Words & Paintery :-)

selena said...

j adore les couleurs , c 'est magnifique.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Ami <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Marie <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Suurkiitos :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Marelle :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Suurkiitos :") <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Denise <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Wilma! :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you so much Val <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you so much Wiosanka :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Merci Selena! :")

Nora said...

Sweet ink job - love the white pen ;)

Ebony van der Starre said...

Totally awesome!!!!!! thanks for playing along!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...