25/08/2014

Readin' - Um Wow Studio August Sketch


Hello there and happy new week! Yesterday I shared a page I did using some lovely new paints I got from Paperilohikäärme. Here's another one using those Dina Wakley paints and this time did for the Um Wow Studio sketch challenge! I've used the Um Wow Studio chipboard shapes and a flair in the page. 

This time I used the paints together with a Gelliplate. I used the brayer and covered a part of the plate with different blues and then grabbed the print to this page through a stencil. One of the paints is called "Night" and it's this rich, dark blue. The color is like dark denim - warm, inky blue. It's possibly my favorite of the ones I have! Not to waste any colors, I then used the stencil a few times over to get the smudged details to the background. To add more color to the mix, I then used Tattered Angels Plain Jane mists on top.


 I went through a few old photo albums as one of the tasks for "Matka Luovuuteen" event required to look into how you have been photographed. I then grabbed a few photos home, scanned them and made duplicates so I now can use them in my pages. They are great to use in those pages that are inspired by the "My Details" workshop

This photo is of me and my dad. We used to read Donald Duck cartoons to each other. Before I could read I made my own stories to the pictures and then later on I really could read the stories.

Thank you for your visit today! Please come back tomorrow as I still have one more page with the paints to share and this time with something extra, too! Wishing you all the best!

Dina Wakley Media Sky Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint Sky Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint White


Materials: Um Wow Studio, 7 Dots Studio, Tattered Angels, Ranger, Prima Marketing, Sizzix, GelliArts, Design Memory Craft

4 comments:

Ruth said...

What an amazing page - I love it!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Ruth :")

DeeDee Catron said...

Yeah baby!! So much delicious texture!! Thanks for joining @ UmWowStudio :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you DeeDee!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...