18/07/2014

Still A Kid


Hello there! Today I'm sharing you a page I did for a call some time ago. 

I had an idea about doing a bubbly page about how I've noticed how I still am growing. It's funny how the old truth about the older you get the less you know actually is true. When I was younger, like 20-something, I felt really adult-like. Now when I'm 32 I notice that the facts I knew then aren't facts at all and the black and white tones are closing and everything is turning grey in a way. I also feel that I'm still a work in progress and want to keep on growing as a human being.


I started by adding gesso to the background and then added the epoxy stickers in there. On top I added mists and the epoxies remained white underneath, like resist. To get even more bubbly feeling, I used the 3rd Eye circle stamps and embossed the images with white embossing powder. I also recorded a video while making the page so you can see my process underneath! 

Thank you for your visit today! Wishing you a good start to the weekend!



Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Tattered Angels, Canvas Corp, 3rd Eye Craft, Epiphany Crafts, Wow! Embossing Powders, Talens, American Crafts, Ranger, Prima Marketing, Sharpie, Authentic

4 comments:

Milena Kouřilová said...

Riikka, it is beautiful cheerful page. I really like the colors. :-)

Debbi Tehrani said...

Phenomenal page, Rikka! Love the colors, and I always love seeing you create "in real life." Thanks for sharing your process! I enjoyed chatting with you today!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Milena <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Debbi! It was great chatting with you! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...