04/06/2014

You Rock


Hello there! I was leafing through my albums the other day and organizing pages to them when I realized there's way too few pages about my darling hubby in them! So off to work on a layout and this is what I came up with.


The title reads "You (are my) rock". Both apply to my husband. He rocks, sometimes even quite literally. He is very supportive, understanding and the love of my life. He also is my rock - keeps me focused, understands even without a word that something is troubling me and is just the most awesome person. It's not always pink and rosey, but I have to say that we really, really seldom fight over anything nowadays. In our youth we used to fight more, but like my late grandmother said, years have rounded the edges and molded us together. I would be totally lost without him. 

The background is done with crayons and mists. I also included some pencil circles and stamping in there. Papers are by 7 Dots Studio and from various collections.

Ps. You still have time to bid over the canvas I'm selling in order to help Liesbeth who lost suddenly her husband and her rock. Please leave your bid to the Facebook on the picture of the canvas. More info on this previous post (link)!


Materials:
7 Dots Studio, 3rd Eye, 7Gypsies, American Crafts, Prima Marketing, MT Masking Tape, Ranger, Tattered Angels


5 comments:

Denise van Deventer said...

Beautiful page....and love how you used pink here...kinda speaks to the softer side! I love it!

Val-Belle said...

You make pink work for a masculine layout and I think that rocks. He is a kind of rock star looking guy - your man. Just love your signature scribbles. I have tried them and they just look like scribbles....

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Denise :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Val :") He's a kind of rock star - at least he's that always to me <3
The thing with the scribbles is to let loose and not to think! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...