16/05/2014

Hello Selfie - Scrap365 / Prima Marketing


Lovely Friday everyone! This is the last of the creations I did using Prima's "Free Spirit" collection for Scrap365's blog

Oh how I loved that background paper! There's just something magical about the combination of grey and yellow and that patterns is so adorable! It's also kind of cool that the patterns in the collection reminded me about my late grandmom and that selfie is actually taken in the house she lived whole that time I knew her, it's my dad's childhood home. The journaling is about the new glasses that inspired me to take that photo.

I made a watercolor style background using the yellow mist and then layered some stickers and Prima frames behind the photo. I also included some stamping in there and of course the pencil doodlings. 

I really loved working with this collection pack as it offered so many choices and moods. I could do a modern, playful layout and also a more romantic one and even go monochromatic if wanted! The papers also had lovely, quilt like patterns that could easily been cut into smaller pieces and used as layers for the photo. This allowed me to control and change the color palette as I wanted.

As I love paperclips and use them as embellishments, the metallic clips were lovely additions to the photos and papers. They provide a subtle but strong vocal point. The designs are versatile and can be used in many topics and styles.

The stamp set is also really versatile as the big background stamp is doily like and goes perfectly for romantic look as the designs above that are very graphic, modern and this day. It's wonderful that the collection has this duality - romantic, homey side and the cutting edge modern one. And they both go together so well!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!


Ihanaa perjantaita kaikille! Tämä on viimeinen työ, jonka tein Scrap365:n blogia varten käyttäen Priman "Free Spirit" -kokoelmaa

Tuo taustapaperi oli niin ihana! Harmaan ja keltaisen yhdistelmä on jotenkin mahtava ja kuvio on suloinen! On jotenkin mainiota myös se, että koko kokoelman kuviomaailma muistutti minua isoäidistäni ja tuo leiskan omakuva on otettu itseasiassa talossa, jossa hän asui koko sen ajan, kun hänet tunsin, isäni lapsuuden kotitalossa. Sivun teksti toisaalta kertoo noista uusista silmälaseista, jotka innostivat nappaamaan omakuvan. 

Tein leiskaan vesivärimäisen taustan keltaisella mistillä ja kerrostin kuvan taakse muutamia tarroja ja Priman kehyksiä. Lisäsin joukkoon myös leimailua ja tietysti lyijykkynäriipustelua. 

Iloista viikonloppua!

Materials from Prima Marketing "Free Spirit" collection used in the layouts:

   

Materials: Prima Marketing, Talens, Tattered Angels, Ranger, MT Masking Tape

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...