23/03/2014

Curiosity - Mixed Media Place


Hello there and lovely Sunday! Are you curious what I created for the Mixed Media Place's next emotional challenge? Pun intended, because the theme this time is curiosity

When I started to think about the theme, the first phrase that popped into my mind was: "Curiosity killed the cat". I honestly thought about making a cat sculpture first, but then came to my senses. But the idea of being curious, examining the world around stayed in my mind. Jumping off that point I started to ponder about looking glasses and magnifying classes. That idea I translated onto my journal cover - there's a hole carved in the cover and a glass bead set into the opening as if it was a little window to another world.

I used lots and lots of different mediums in the cover. You can see them listed below. I really like how the cover turned out. Maybe it's partly because of the color scheme as I went with my favorite one although curiosity as a feeling would be pastel yellow for me. What color is your curiosity? Please play along!

Thank you for stopping by!

Ps. If you are in the mood for a movie, we went to see "Only Lovers Left Alive" yesterday and it blew my mind with its visual beauty and atmospheric music. Really inspiring!


Heippa ja ihanaa sunnuntaita! Oletteko uteliaita näkemään, mitä tein Mixed Media Placen viimeisimpään tunnehaasteeseen? Toivottavasti, sillä aiheena on tällä kertaa uteliaisuus.

Kun aloin miettiä teemaa, ensimmäisenä mieleeni pomppasi fraasi "Curiosity killed the cat". Mietiskelin ihan oikeasti ensin tekeväni jonkinlaisen kissaveistoksen, mutta tulin sitten järkiini. Ajatus uteliaisuudesta ja ympäröivän maailman tutkimisesta jäi silti kytemään mieleen. Siitä ajatus pomppasi suurennuslaseihin ja kurkistusaukkoihin. Se ajatus mielessä tein sitten tämän art journalin kannen - siinä on pieni reikä kaiverrettuna kanteen, josta voi kurkkia sisään toiseen maailmaan. 

Käytin montaa erilaista ainetta ja väriainetta tähän kanteen. Ne löytyvät lueteltuina tuosta alempaa. Kannesta tuli minulle varsin mieleinen, lieneekö syynä käyttämäni väriskaala joka on lempparini. Uteliaisuus nimittäin minusta olisi ehkä vaaleankeltainen... Minkä värinen tunne uteliaisuus sinusta on? 

Kiitos käynnistä! 

Ps. Jos ajatuksissa olisi mennä elokuviin, kannattaa miettiä "Only Lovers Left Alive" -pätkää vaihtoehtona. Huikeaa visuaalista kauneutta ja tunnelmallista musiikkia. Erittäin inspiroivaa! 


Materials from Mixed Media Place:
     

     
     

     


Materials: Prima Marketing, Talens, Tattered Angels, Ranger, Luminarte, Design Memory Craft

8 comments:

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

stunning work!! love the elements ..gorgeous textures and colours!

sandi said...

This is soooooooooooooooooooooo pretty! I LOVE whay you've done here! So much cool stuff to look at too! :)

Anonymous said...

A great take on "curiosity." I love the glass bead! The texture and colors are so cool! I really like the hardware you used. Is that a bulb just above the zipper pull? Fabulous work.

Maakari said...

Tämä on huikea!! Siis todella vau! Mun mielestä uteliaisuus on ehkä vaaleanvihreä :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Jaya :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Sandi! :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :") That is a small light bulb indeed :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Kiitokset :")

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...