16/04/2013

Enjoy the journey


The following three days I'll be sharing layouts made for Scrap365 Magazine's February/March issue. They are from my article "From Mother Nature", which was about scrapbooking with supplies from nature. If you are interested in my ideas and for example how I colored the background of this layout, you should check the magazine! You can find the issue for example from here (link).

Those birch bark pieces were actually the catalyst to the whole thing. When I saw them I immediately wanted to try them on a page and then discovered the treasure chest of nature when it comes to scrapbooking. Like I stated in the article, I couldn't pass a tree, a bush nor a plant without thinking of would it fit to a page!

Please, come back tomorrow if you want to see more nature's supplies!

Ps. The main prize winner for the Easter Blog Hop is raffled again and the lucky person is Elina with the comment on the Cuchy's blog! Please contact me within a week to claim your prize!



Kolmena seuraavana päivänä jaan blogissa Scrap365 Magazine -lehdelle tehtyjä töitä. Ne ovat esiintyneet lehden helmi/maaliskuun numerossa artikkelissa "From Mother Nature". Artikkeli käsitteli luonnosta saatavia skräppimateriaaleja. Jos sinua kiinnostaa lukea lisää (englanniksi), etsi lehden numero käsiisi! Sieltä löytyy esimerkiksi tieto, millä yllä olevan sivun tausta on värjätty. Ei muuten ole misti, ei. Lehden löydät esimerkiksi täältä (linkki) tai voit kysellä sitä Amaliasta.

Leiskassa olevat tuohet olivat itseasiassa koko artikkelin lähtökohta. Kun ne näin koivuklapeissa, aloin heti miettiä palasia sivussa. Kuten artikkelissakin kirjoitin, näitä sivuja työstäessäni en voinut ohittaa puuta, pensasta enkä kasvia ajattelematta sopisiko se skräppäykseen!

Tervetuloa huomenna katsomaan lisää luontoäidin aarrearkkua! 

Ps. Pääpalkinnon voittaja pääsiäisblogihyppelyssä on arvottu uudelleen. Onnetar suosi Elinaa, jonka kommentti Cuchyn blogissa oli voittava! Otathan yhteyttä viikon sisällä niin saadaan palkinto matkaan! 


Materials: nature, Bazzill, Studio Calico, Ranger, My Mind's Eye, Sodalicious, Sizzix, Tattered Angels

14 comments:

elina. said...

Jeee!!! Kiitooos! Eikä tarvi postittaa, jos nähdään Intohimona Skräppäyksessä? :)

elina. said...

ja niin täpinöissäni että unohdin kirjoittaa, että toi pallerotausta leiskassa on kiva, oksat kuvan alla "jatkamassa kuvaa" aivan mahtava idea ja tuohi ihanan kotoinen, kevyt ja kaunis osa taustaa. Ni. :)

Merkku said...

Täst mie tykkään kovast!

SaraG said...

Sadly, that birch bark will become very dark and therefore spoiled in a year or so... But otherwise a nice idea and layout :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Some pages are just created because of the creative process, not necessarily to be kept for years. I think the bark looks SO cool, love how you have drawn inspiration from Mother Nature! will go and check my issue of the magz for that background. xoxoxo

kiala said...

Ihana sivu ja kauniisti aseteltu. Ja vaikka tuohi tummuisi, niin kuva sivusta säilyy :) Ei kaiken tarvitse olla niin pitkäjänteistä.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Juu, nähdään! :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Kiitokset :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Kiitoksia <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Oh, I have to see how dark it gets in the coming years! I'm terrible at thinking how long a layout will last, to me the process of creating is almost equally important than the end result :D I'm not sure if all the materials I use are acid free either, but I don't let that restain me. I have photo albums to preserve the photos, so not all is lost, if the layout won't stand time. :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thanks Eila! Like you said - I create for the creative process :) Although my intention is to keep memories and document them, I usually don't think of the materials when creating. I might be left with spoiled photos in a few years :D

Riikka Kovasin said...

Totta tuokin, onhan minulla kuva sivusta, jos oikea sivu jossain vaiheessa meneekin "mappi ö:hön"! Hyvä pointti - eipä tullut itselle mieleen :D

Anonymous said...

Oh my! So beautiful and full of texture!!!!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...