02/10/2024

Summer sparrows - a painting


During August, I blogged a big canvas (link) I had painted for my co-worker. Her choice of background color too me by surprise, but I followed the que and painted it in grey tones. When I was writing the post it was already in the know, that I would re-paint the background. 

Here the canvas is re-painted! I was able to save the swallows and needed just to add some minor re-touches to them, but if you compare the two, the background has undergone a drastic change! I prefer this one over the grey-toned as it's so much more like the recipient! She's all about color and summer and the inspiration for this palette was a sunset. So, there's the clear blue summer sky, the pinks, oranges and pastel purples of the sunset and some fluffy clouds as well.

Which one of the backgrounds you prefer? The burst of color or the serene grey one? 

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing a lovely day to you and yours!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...