29/08/2023

Priscilla, Hazel and silver trimmings - A.B.Studio


Hi there! Come and meet Priscilla and Hazel. They are seamstresses making beautiful gowns and accessories in their shop. For the ball gowns they sometimes use even silver trimmings, although sensible Priscilla usually prefers glass beads as they don't loose their shine in the course of time like dulling silver. 

I've probably said it before, but I say it again - I love to conjure stories in my head when I'm making an art journal page. Especially so if I use old photos and pieces of text. Like in here, the spread with the haberdashery details was almost done, when I added the pieces of texts. First a name popped out of the sticker book, then another and then "silver trimmings". It finished the spread nicely, cute as a button. Often you can't read the whole story from the page. More likely I just add a hint there and then you can think a story of your own, if you wish. But there usually is some kind of story line in my head when I'm working, something connecting the elements I chose for the project. 


As you can see from the materials list below the next photo, I used older collections for this project. Above this paragraph is a little summary of the new A.B.Studio collections. They haven't arrived yet to my craft table, so for now I'm mixing older ones in my makes. But I really enjoy doing that! I love to use different elements from different collections and usually bind everything together using color. That was the thing in this spread, too. Using browns and neutrals, those lovely tea tones.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful week and last days of August!


Materials from A.B.Studio:

Others:
Ranger - Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Ranger - Archival Ink Jet Black
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Gold Rush
Sizzix -
Paper Garden - Aava decorative tape
Tim Holtz Idea-ology -








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...