14/07/2023

The Gramofonos - A.B.Studio


Moikka moi! It's Friday again and that means a new process video on my YouTube channel. This time it's an art journal spread for A.B.Studio with vintage air and tea tone notes. 

I started this page like so many other spreads by first cutting a piece of paper fitting inside my journal and then decorating it. I hardly ever work directly on my journal but more often use a substrate and then adhere that to my journal. That creates bulk and when you add the highly dimensional clusters I love to use, the height of the page is quite something. That's why spiral bound journals are my lifeline. Some people don't like how the binding cuts the spread in half, but in the video you can see my way of making sure the page continues seamlessly from page to page. 


I might have said it a number of times before, but I love to conjure little stories in y head for vintage photos. Like here the "Gramofono" word popped from the layers. I then named the family Gramofonos thinking that their grandmother  had invented the thing and gave her name to the instrument. Yes, I know that the history of the phonograph or later the record player is known, but it's still fun to invent stories and alternate realities! Do you do that - invent stories to go with old photos?

Don't forget a live tonight and tomorrow! I'd love to see you there! Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend.


Materials from A.B.Studio:

Other: 
Ranger - Archival Ink Jet Black, Hickory smoke
Ranger - Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Tsukineko - VersaMark
Ranger - Distress Embossing powder Villainous potion, Hickory smoke, White, Clear
Ranger - Distress Crayon Rustic Wilderness
Ranger - Distress Watercolor Pencil set 1
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Sticker book Christmas (TH94294)
Fabric tape, masking tape
Cotton twine, lace






1 comment:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Upea video jälleen. Kiitos. Todella upea sivu ja oi oi tuota esellisen postin artdollia. Aivan hurmaava.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...