07/07/2023

Finding another world - mixed media bookmarks


Moikka moi! It's again Friday and that means a new process video! This time I have something quite different for you - it's some mixed media bookmarks.

I saw these wooden shapes at a craft store and they seemed fun. I didn't know first what to do with them, so I left them in the store but after a plan formed in my head I went back to get them. While you could use just basic popsicle stick to make these, I thought that the shape at the end was not only fun but also allowed a message to be added. It was entertaining to find or rather, to make up the little texts to each of the bookmarks. 

If you want to see how I made the bookmarks, please see the video below.


Whenever I'm doing a repetitive collage element, like the tissue paper here, I tend to go overboard and create a bigger pile at once. I mean it's so fun pulling the prints and while you have the plate out and the colors chosen, it's just having fun and making material for other projects, too! I can also share a little secret - that big pile of gel printed tissue? I'm going to be using some of it in one of this month's FB lives! I'm not going to be printing more tissue during the live but instead will refer to this video. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!


Materials:

GelliArts - 3"5" printing plate
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish Lily the Pink, Deep Sea, Butter, Firebird, Summer Sky, Forget Me Not
Carabelle - Ecriture a la Plume stencil
self made stencil
StencilGirl - Seth Apter ATC Mixup
StencilGirl - Seth Apter Techno Insiders circle stencil
A.B.Studio - ID-349 stencil
Ranger - Distress collage medium matte
Ranger - Archival Ink Jet Black
PaperArtsy - Hot Picks HP2301
PaperArtsy - Minis 23
Prima Marketing - Finnabair acrylic stamp Gothic
UniPosca - Posca marker PC-5M coral pink
UniPosca - Posca marker PC-3M yellow, light blue, aqua green, fuchsia, emerald green, pink, red
UniPosca - Posca marker PC-1M white, black
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Chitchat TH92998
Crop-a-dile
tissue paper
wooden shapes
embroidery thread






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...