28/06/2023

A Finnish graduate - a card


Moikka moi! Today I'm sharing a card I made for a relative, who passed the matriculation examination (that's the tests at the end of upper secondary studies). Usually when I'm making a card to a specific recipient I might be a bit scared, but this card was so fun to create. And what even better, the recipient really liked it! 

I had a clear vision from the start. I wanted to use a Tim Holtz paperdoll as the focal point and add the traditional Finnish student cap on him. I knew the stickers I had were too small but I thought that just to be funny and heighten the feel of the card. I also knew I wanted to create with a black and white color palette as the cap is in black and white with a golden lyre emblem in the front. 

The background is made with a P13 paper, which had the black and white color scheme and a nice floral pattern. On top I then added some gesso and I think I added some stamping, too, not that you can tell anymore. I then took a neutral colored strip, another Tim Holtz element, and added some of the small tickets to the side and sewed them to the background. On top I then layered a label, some tape, the portrait and then some other embellishments to hide the strict cut at the bottom of the portrait. My husband was looking for a paint for a piece of furniture and we ended up taking some paint samples home to compare. A piece of one of the swatches became a part of this card - "Nordic Noir". 

The last thing I added was the student cap, pushed back in a laid-back manner, then the golden lyre and also the text. The front says "Upeaa", which means great and on the inside I stamped "juhlapäivää", loosely translated a special day. The front kind of marvels the passing of the exams, but when you put the two together, it just celebrates the day. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful day! 


Materials: P13, Tim Holtz, Prima Marketing, Sinelli, Korttipaja, A.B.Studio, Tikkurila



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...