05/05/2023

Sunshine and robin's nest - a pair of cards


Moikka moi! Some time ago I got myself a treat and purchased some Tim Holtz newbies. I had seen beautiful creations by the makers and wanted to try my hand at those. Today I'm blogging my first projects with those. As you might see immediately, I combined something old and something new. 

I remember during the reveal live there was talk about color co-ordination - how same colors are repeated in the papers, ephemera, tissue papers and so forth. That was my first guide with these cards. Not that it is an unusual one for me as I often make projects with the same idea. I personally find it hard to use high contrasting colors and often opt for subtle combos and analogous color scheme. You can see the start of the picking process in the video, where I choose the background papers. As I say there, I wanted something colorful this time, small patterns and also a pair that fitted together. In the end I chose this beautiful yellow and turquoise tone and stuck to those colors throughout. 


As you could see, in the end there's not that much mixed media in the cards, more like just a touch. But still that felt enough for these. It might be the fact that I inked the flowers which then added some more hand made, fingers changing color -styled elements to the cards. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Remember to take it easy every now and then! Have a great weekend! 


Materials used: 
Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Backdrops volume 5 (TH94309)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Layers organic (TH94316)
Sizzix: Thinlits die set Wildflower Stems #1 (664163)
Sizzix: Thinlits die set Funky Wreath (664434)
Sizzix: Thinlits die set Vintage Labels (665929)
Prima Marketing: Finnabair Art Basics Modeling paste
Prima Marketing: Finnabair stencil Gothic
Ranger: Distress Oxide ink pad Peeled paint
Ranger: Distress ink Vintage photo, Uncharted mariner, Speckled egg, Wild honey, Mustard seed
Ranger: Archival ink Jet Black
Lawn Fawn: Hang in there stamp set
white cardstock
kraft cardstock










1 comment:

Armiida said...

Oi, miten ihania.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...