28/04/2023

Use your wings - A.B.Studio


Hi there and splendid Friday! You know the drill, today's project comes with a process video! This time it's a mixed media canvas, done for A.B.Studio. 

My inspiration for this piece came from combining two collections or maybe rather two paper packs. I wanted to use the warm tones of the kraft paper and juxtaposed it with the blues of the "Nothing but you" collection. I did add some elements from another paper pack, too, from "Layouts Bundle 1". If you want to see, how I made the canvas, please see the video below! 


As you could see, I started the piece by adding the kraft piece in place and then added colors and papers around the frame, too. I love to use canvases reversed as that makes them immediately have a frame! Mounting them onto the wall is a bit harder then, though. What I also like about this canvas, besides the immediate frame, is the color combo and different embellishments. I love how the cut out elements, lace, rhinestones and flowers each bring a little something to the piece.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing you a pleasurable weekend! May it be a crafty one!

Ps. Just to let you know, next week I'm skipping the Tuesday post as it's May Day / Labour Day on Monday but I'm back with posting on Wednesday. Have a great May Day or vappu, if you celebrate! 


Materials from A.B.Studio:


Other:
Ranger Distress collage medium 
Prima Marketing Modeling paste 
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish acrylic paint Summer sky, Double denim, Snowflake 
Tim Holtz idea-ology Transparent things 
Tim Holtz idea-ology Metal word plaques 
Prima Marketing paper flowers
Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo 
old lace 
rhinestone stickers






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...