04/04/2023

A cup of roses - pair of cards


Hi there! It's a new week and a new month! This week is a bit different, when it comes to blogging, as it's Easter time. Like I said in last Friday's video, this week there's no new process video and not even a post on Friday, but will be back to normal routine next week. 

Today I'm sharing a couple of cards I made some time ago. I needed a special card for someone starting something new and found these rose patterned tea cups in my stash. Or rather, found the patterned paper pad with in them. As they fitted the theme nicely, I turned the papers into two cards. 

I sometimes make just one card, but often times for on two or three at one go, repeating the same idea. Do you just make one or a pair or series of cards when creating?


As you can see, I used different elements from the same paper pad throughout the cards. The background paper, the frame and the individual cups are all cut from the sheets of the same pad. To add a little bit of something in there, I added some vintage lace and soft tulle in the mix, too. And worked on top of mixed media background, not that you can see much of that underneath the center piece. Some splashes of color and hints of stamping managed to get near enough the edges to be seen! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a beautiful new month!
















1 comment:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Todella kauniita ja ihanat yksityiskohdat.
Ihanaa Pääsiäisen Aikaa Sinulle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...