14/12/2022

Splosh flowers - PaperArtsy


Hi there! My eight blog post for PaperArtsy was published on Sunday and it was for the topic "Splosh". You can see my post here (link) and the topic introduction post here (link). The idea was to use "sploshy" mediums or otherwise go with a bit uncontrollable way of creating art. 

I chose Infusions as my medium. Well, at first I thought about watercolors, but why use those when you have Infusions. My meaning was also to encourage to let go and just craft. Like I write in the blog post: "You may have noticed by now that I'm not a precise crafter. I hardly ever use a ruler and craft more "on the go" than plan ahead. I also love surprises and work around them. To me not being able to control everything is a joy and a much needed way to loose myself into the project. So, the idea behind these cards was to let the wet mediums do what they want to do, but still end up with something nice and presentable. It was also my way of trying to show that you don't always have to color inside the lines."


The color layers in the cards are done using Infusions, masking fluid and colored pencils. The flower is colored before stamping, which is a great haphazard way to do it. I also added some Fresco Finish splashes to these cards in white and Metallic Glaze. The cards needed a bit of white and that also reminds me of falling snow. So even though they are flower cards, they are spring flowers raising their heads from the snowdrifts. 

If you want to see a step by step version for these, please visit PaperArtsy's blog (link). The materials are also listed in there along the post.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a pleasant Wednesday. Stay safe everyone!











1 comment:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Kerrassaan valloittavia kukkia!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...