27/10/2022

Unsupervised - an art journal page


Moikka! Today I have an art journal page to share with you! 

Some time ago my friend Terhi Koskinen (link) send me a couple of sheets of designs she had created. You can see the sheet and also get your own from her Etsy store (link). I had them on my work table quite a while and when it came time to pack for Craftaamo, I put those to my bag first. They are maybe not my usual style, but I knew that I could incorporate them to my creations nonetheless. 

I did several projects at Craftaamo using them and here's the first one. I used some "left over pieces" again for the background and then layered a Tim Holtz paper doll along with the cut out Terhi designs on top. The background pieces include a gel print (I think I was cleaning my plate with this one), a piece of watercolor patterned paper and an ATC base from a lot when I made ATCs using stencils in many ways as a Seth Apter creative team member. I've said it before and I say it again - I love hanging on to these random pieces of mixed media as I can then easily create a great looking background with them!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing you a pleasant Thursday!

Ps. I didn't notice it while I was making the page, but only when taking the photos that the background is kind of flag of Ukraine tilted on its side! Especially on the top of the page with the blue and yellow, not so much on the bottom where there's more green. Slava Ukraini! 


Materials: Terhi Koskinen, Tim Holtz, StencilGirl, GelliArts, PaperArtsy, Prima Marketing





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...