09/09/2022

Gates of horn and ivory - an art journal page


Good night! This page was inspired by Morpheus, the lord of dreams and the gates through which the dreams enter the world. It's a play on words that doesn't translate from the original Greek language. You can read more from here (link).

Why Morpheus? Well, like many, we've also been watching "The Sandman" from Netflix. So when making this page I decided to do something connected to the land of dreams and those huge gates. It was only later when searching for a name for the piece that I learned about the two doorways or the two gates. But funnily enough, I had a ram skull with horns in the piece already! 

If you want to see how I made the page, please see the process video below.


Like with earlier this week, this project and the circular piece for A.B.Studio were created weeks apart but now when I'm blogging them, they show the same element. While making the "Seeds of Love" (link) I cut extra peonies and the extra ended up in this page! Sometimes I do make projects with the same materials on the table, kind of using what I already have at hand, but it's funny when projects where I actually cleaned everything to its place end up with a similar vibe! 

Thank you for stopping by today! May your dreams come through the gates of horn!


Materials: A.B.Studio, Ranger, Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...