19/08/2022

My Sweet Baking - A.B.Studio


Hi there! It's again Friday and that means a new process video! This time it's a layout for A.B.Studio. I used the new "A piece of cake" collection here.

As you may have noticed, I'm not doing that many layouts anymore these days. It's partly because my girls are so grown up now that I don't feel comfortable using their photos and stories in projects that come to the internet. I let them document their own things. But sometimes a collection fits so nicely to an old photo, that I just have to do a layout! That was the case with this one. 

I've had this photo of my daughter baking in my "scrap these" album for so long - according to the date about six years. So, when I got this baking inspired collection, I had to finally make a page with this photo. I had a pair of photos of both of my daughters baking, but I guess I've done the other photo into a layout back in the day, but this one has stayed in the album. They were baking at their grandmother's house, with headscarves like my grannies used to do it. 


As you could see from the video above, I used gesso, Modeling Paste and inks to create that background. While the gesso layer reminded me of flour, tossed across the baking table, I wanted to add some color on top. I tried to mimic the purple / pink tones in the collection with my ink choices. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a great weekend! Be safe!

Ps. Remember the FB live happening right now (in Finnish) and the other tomorrow (in English)! Now I'm live on my blog's FB page (link) and tomorrow at Finnabair's group (link)


Materials from A.B.Studio: 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...