10/05/2022

Ice cream colored albums


Hi there! Summer vibes in the air? Here's something I made for the most recent issue of Ihana magazine (link). It's a Finnish craft magazine. I made some recycled envelope albums for summer trips. 

The idea behind these is that when you're traveling, you gather bits and pieces of different ephemera like receipts, tickets and such. Having a place to tuck them immediately makes documenting the trip easier. And if you add some journaling cards and instant photos in the mix... well, you have a ready vacation minialbum when you get back home!

The theme of the issue was recycling and most of the supplies in the albums are recycled. I bought the tape for the spines, to strengthen the cardboard, but otherwise the bits are from my stash. The covers are from cereal and cookie packaging, the buttons from old clothes, elastic from a piece of jewelry and pom poms are made out of left-over yarn. The envelopes inside are new, I have to admit, as I wanted to keep the color scheme, but I could have used just recycled envelopes and paint or color them!

If you'd like to see more and study the step by step, well, then you need to get yourself an Ihana magazine (link)

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a nice day!


Materials: Sinelli, PaperArtsy











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...