17/01/2022

Snow Fun - GDT CSI 379


Hello there and happy Monday! Some weeks ago I shared a layout for CSI 378 (link) and today I'm sharing a layout for the Case File 379. The reason I'm sharing these is because of the CSI birthday celebration. All past detectives have been invited back for January as CSI challenge is celebrating its 10th birthday. 


Case File 379 is about snow, hot beverages and winter fun. I decided to use an older Instax photo I had taken several years ago. In it, my two daughters are sliding with a sledge in my parent's yard. The journaling reads, freely translated: "After the outing, all red-cheeked, a warm drink was the thing." From the Testimony part I used mainly "Document something about winter" but also the Inspiration words could apply them being "play", "snuggle" and "warm".

Like with the previous CSI layout, I followed my habit when I was in the CSI team - use as many Evidence pieces as possible. You can see the list below the next photo. I think the patterns such as dots and stripes are quite visible as well as string and staples. But "use heat" might need some explaining as well as trees, and that wooden item has a fun story. For the heat I used the heat tool to dry the mediums in the background. The trees are in the background - white on white. They are created using Modeling paste through a Tim Holtz stencil with a fir tree pattern. 

The wooden item, on the other hand, is a little key chain charm I made in a science center some time ago. There was an exhibition about wood there and one of the things you could do and experiment, was to use an industrial laser to pattern a piece of wood so you could go home with a self-made key chain charm! I've been hoarding it for a while now and this page seemed the perfect place to use it.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a nice week!


Evidence: dots, stripes, wood, snowflakes, trees, winter-themed elements, mug, tea item, use heat, string, staples, chevron arrows, die cuts, watercolor in the background, sprinkle something
Testimony: Document something about winter / Inspiration words: play, snuggle, warm


Materials: P13 Paper Products, American Crafts, Korttipaja, Tim Holtz, Prima Marketing, Ranger



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...