27/12/2021

Glitter the Halls - Finnabair Brand Ambassador


Happy new week! Hopefully your Holidays were good! Peaceful, filled with family time and good food! Or something totally different if you wished that. Today I'm sharing something I did for a new Finnabair Brand Ambassador post. This time the theme is by yours truly and it's "All that glitters". 

When thinking of a theme for December I thought about the Holiday season but also New Year. What would combine the two? Glitter! There’s the sparkling baubles and ornaments at Holiday time, the shiny treats, even glossy holly leaves! And of course new year is about sequins, fireworks and confetti. I wrote the theme in form “All that glitters” as you could then continue it with “…ain’t gold” and go just the opposite – rusty and dusty.


My own take to the theme is somewhat traditional as I made some mixed media ornaments. I used different kinds of glittering and shiny mediums on these. There’s glitter from a glitter set, Glass Glitter, Metallic Flakes and Metallique acrylic paints as well as some shiny pearls.

The first picture I had in my head was a mercury glass bauble. Instead of going with a cool, silver color scheme, though, I went with richer copper and brass tones. But I imitated the shiny mercury glass with the Metallic Flakes. To keep the ornaments grungy, I added some two phase crackle paint between the priming layer of black gesso and the Metallique colors. I didn’t want to use one phase medium Finnabair has in order to use different colors and a thinner layer. I added more grunginess with wire wrapped around the ornament.

If you want to see how I made the baubles, I’ve recorded a video for you. You can see it below here or on my YouTube channel. Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great week!


Materials:

Art Alchemy acrylic paint Metallique Hazelnut
Art Ingredients Glass Beads Butter
Art Ingredients Glass Glitter Copper
Art Ingredients glitter set Luminous 
Art Ingredients Micro Beads Bronze


Materials: Prima Marketing, Sinelli






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...