03/11/2021

Winter lanterns


Brr! Does it start to feel chilly? Winter is coming? 

Last month I kept a Facebook live at Finnabair and Friends Facebook group about small glass jar lanterns. You can watch the recording here (link). As you can see there, I decorated the lanterns with tissue paper, Liquid acrylic, gesso and embellishments made out of hot glue. The lanterns were for Halloween so the color scheme was orange, black and white. 

A couple of weeks ago, when we were on a little road trip to the eastern Finland (you can see some travel videos on my Instagram), was also Mixed Media Sverige Mini online crop. I was asked to teach there but unfortunately we had by then already made the travel plans and I couldn't be a teacher then. But the clever Lena, one of the arrangers, found a way for me to participate - there was a challenge to make a winter lantern inspired by the live I kept. So I made these two examples of drawing inspiration from the live but changing the colors and mediums.


The tall lantern is made using white tissue paper and white and blue Liquid acrylic. Instead of gesso I made the pattern with Paper Paste. The embellishment is done similarly to those for the Halloween lanterns - hot glue to silicone mould and painted. The smaller lantern is painted with just white Liquid acrylic and the pattern is made using silver wax. I was trying to imitate a mirror effect some lanterns have. The embellishment is a Mechanical, metal embellishment colored using the same wax. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely Wednesday!


Materials: Prima Marketing



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...