13/09/2021

Autumn fairy - an art journal page


Hi there and colorful Monday! Or at least the project is colorful - while writing this the scene outside is only shades of grey as there's rain and fog in Helsinki. The leaves of the nearby birches are turning yellow and I guess it's safe to say that the autumn is here. 

Not so long ago Tim Holtz kept a live where he showed the new Sizzix dies for fall. When I saw the leaves I just new I got to get that. The "Leaf Fragments" die seemed so fabulous - grungy leaves! For these leaves I inked a sheet of cardstock using different Distress Ink colors. Then I sprayed a little water on top and let the ink react. I also flicked some larger water drops onto the cardstock and lifted the ink. Then I die cut the cardstock and inked the edges of the leaves for a more dimensional look.

In this art journal page I used the same Distress Ink colors to make the background. This time I pushed the pad to a piece of plastic, which I then could use as my watercolor palette. I used a big flat brush for the "tiles" and then a smaller brush to add another color to the tile. Lastly I smudged my palette plastic on top of the sheet and added some splashes.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful week!


Materials: Ranger, Sizzix, Tim Holtz, Paper Garden, Prima Marketing







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...