26/07/2021

Background music, please - Nathalie's Creative Squad


Hi there and exciting new week! If you follow me on Instagram (link) or follow Nathalie Kalbach (link), you saw an announcement on Friday! Nat has new ArtFoamies stamps! The new collection consists of six wonderful urban stamps. I got five of the new ones and played with them during last week. There's two Reels on my Instagram account if you like to see - opening the envelope and stamping the designs the first time.


I really enjoy the designs and that first try out I stamped with different colorful Distress Inks turned into two projects - this art journal page I'm sharing today and a card I'll share tomorrow. I used most of the sheet here and picked two of the buildings to decorate the scene. The pink is "Brownstone" and brick red "Row Houses". The background has "Church" and "Powerhouse" in there.

As Distress Ink is activated with water, I first cut the try out sheet into smaller piece, fitting inside my journal. I then used a wet brush to color the whole cardstock using the stamped images. On top I then layered some Izink ICE and then some acrylic paint covering parts of the buildings in the background. I cut the two buildings loose and added them to the page. There's also some white scribbles, splashes and a sun/moon done using another try-out - a piece of synthetic paper with alcohol inks. There's a Reels of that as well in my Instagram account, if you wish to see.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you an energetic week!


Materials: ArtFoamies, Ranger, Aladine, Tim Holtz, Grafix, Posca




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...