24/12/2020

Sweet Holidays!


Each year I create several different Holiday cards. There’s different teams and assignments that require cards or then I just feel that they would be a good fit. I may send some of these out, but most likely is that I donate them to a charity of sorts and then we as a family make a bunch of cards with the same template to be sent out to friends and family. This year we were early and had made the whole lot before December! I’m so happy that the whole family helps, and my two daughters are really excited about helping. It’s kind of a tradition sitting around the living room table crafting, writing and sealing envelopes. 

So, while the big bunch we made is actually in lumberjack black-red plaid and kraft cardstock, I wanted to do something a lot lighter and textured for these cards. I picked up items from my last year’s Christmas box I received from Paper Garden and mixed in some staples and my own stash. The end result is something I refer as shabby chic holiday greetings. There’s pinks, pearly white and the colors of old lace and tea. The papers I used are from old subscription boxes, but you can use the digi collection instead, like this for example (link)


There’s not a huge bunch of mediums with the cards this time. I just used Archival Ink to stamp and before that coated the paper partly with a quite new product to me, Izink ICE. It’s like an acrylic glaze gel. The pearly white version is semi-opaque so with thicker layers it turns opaque, but with thin layers it just adds shine. Such a fun product to use and play with! If you want to see how I made the cards, please see the video below. 


Thank you for stopping by today! With these cards I’m wishing you peaceful Holiday times and merry Christmas! 


Materials: Varalusikka, Ranger, Aladine, Sinelli, Prima Marketing










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...