17/12/2020

Ideas with Izink ICE part 2 - Seth Apter Creative Team


Hi again! Yesterday I started a new series of posts for the Seth Apter Creative Team. This time I'm concentrating on Izink ICE and gift giving. It's a gift of both techniques but also the projects I made for these posts. More about that a bit further down in the post. You can find Seth Apter's site here (link) and more about the Creative team here (link). I've included a list of products to the end of the post with links to Seth's own store.

 
Yesterday I shared two ideas for the use of ICE - collaging and acrylic skins. Today I'm adding two more techniques to the mix. Today is all about image transfer and glazing. You can see the finished pieces below. As you can see, I used also one of the acrylic skin embellishments here in the other project. Like in the previous project, the base is the same die cut Mixed Media Board with collage on top. There's also the same elements that follow through the series - "Mini 45" stamp, "Timeless" stencil, washi tape and metal embellishments.


You can see the finished two projects above. Like in the first video, I just show the technique ideas on it and then share the finished projects in the posts. So the techniques I'm showing are just a part of the project. They can be used in an embellishment - like the acrylic skin or as the first layer - like collaging, but what they have in common is the use of Izink ICE. Underneath is the video with the two ideas for today!


I was so pleasantly surprised how well the ICE worked in an image transfer! While there seemed to be a few air bubbles left and some of the printed image was lost while rubbing, I seldom have had such a good transfer so easily! And on top of the good transfer you get the tweak of color!

Talking about the tweak of color, glazing with ICE is super easy. They are an acrylic gel glaze, after all. In the video I show a couple of ways to use it, although both involve working on bigger surfaces. But what I mention in the narration, you could use a small brush with the product as well and just highlight a small segment of an image using the glaze. Glazes are also really handy making transitions more subtle as they add just a hint of color. By varying the thickness of the layer you get either more or less color, more or less translucent or opaque look. 

I'm not sure if you have noticed that I also hint from the upcoming techniques in the projects I share. Like yesterday there was some glazing with Snowball on top of the collaged raven and today this second piece gives a hint of what I'm sharing tomorrow.

But I also said yesterday that I'd be explaining a bit more about the gift giving aspect today. So, while the techniques themselves might feel like a gift, I'm actually giving the projects I've made for these three posts away. They will definitely not make it for Christmas, but you could consider them as Christmas gifts anyway, just arriving late. I'm raffling the projects in a Facebook live happening on Saturday, December 19th, and before that also making a sixth piece. I'm showing some of the techniques then and maybe adding on a couple of more!


The live will happen at the Seth Apter Creative Community Facebook group. The giveaway of the projects will be open to anywhere around the world, but remember that there might be some postage restrictions happening. Like when I'm writing this, post from Finland to Australia isn't moving, so I can't post the projects to Australia, at least not right away.

During the live you'll be able to see, how I added layers to these pieces as I can explain them if you wish and also if you have any questions, I'll be able to answer them. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Please be back tomorrow for a couple more ways to use ICE!

Materials: 

Sizzix Mixed Media Board
Sizzix Bigz 660331 Book, Passport die
Ranger Archival Ink Watering Can
Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black
WOW! Embossing Powder Metallic Silver Ultra High embossing powder
Prima Marketing Finnabair Soft Matte Gel, 3D Gloss Gel
Prima Marketing Finnabair Metallique wax Old Silver
Prima Marketing Finnabair Mechanicals Old Plates 2 and Antique Labels
Prima Marketing Finnabair clear stamp Gothic Book
acrylic paints
washi tape
old book pages
raven printout 
jewelry frame
pencil
sewing thread and satin ribbon









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...