16/12/2020

Ideas with Izink ICE part 1 - Seth Apter Creative Team


Moikka! It's again the third week of the month and that means another set of posts for the Seth Apter Creative Team. As always, I'm starting today on Wednesday and continuing through Thursday and Friday. And this month there's something extra on Saturday, too! You can find Seth Apter's site here (link) and more about the Creative team here (link). I've included a list of products to the end of the post with links to Seth's own store.


This time I chose two themes to my three posts - gift giving and ICE. Yes, ICE with capital letters. Not the solid form of water but one of the new products I've found through the Seth team. They are translucent acrylic gels or glazes. In these three posts I'm showing different ideas of their use. In this first post I share two techniques - collaging and acrylic skins. This time I made videos just with the techniques and then share the finished tags using those. If you want to see more of the process, then you might want to tune in on Saturday... But underneath you can see the video with the two techniques! 


As you can see from the video, I use thick cardstock, or rather Sizzix Mixed Media board as my base for all the tags or projects. I used a Bigz die to cut it to pieces of similar size. Each of the pieces has a collage styled background but the layers on top vary. What the pieces also have in common is the use of "Mini 45" stamp and "Timeless" stencil as well as washi tapes and metal embellishments. 

As you could see from the video, this piece is done on top of collages background, done using ICE. I chose the version I brushed for this as it was smoother so collaging the raven on top was easier. The raven itself is a photo of the bird I found on the internet, edited on my computer and then printed. I adhered the bird to the piece using, what else, than ICE. 

I also included one of the acrylic skin embellishments here. This was the only one that didn't tear when I removed it from the non-stick craft mat. Maybe because in this piece the gel areas were smaller and thus had dried. Like I state in the video, the layer should be totally dry when removing from the sheet. 

You might be wondering about the second theme, the gift giving part as I've only talked about the ICE part here. Maybe you think it's connected to the videos or the techniques, but I'm actually giving these projects I've made for these three posts away during a live on Saturday. But more about it tomorrow!

I hope you liked the post today, please be back tomorrow for another set of ideas with ICE! Thank you for stopping by today! 
 

Materials: 

Sizzix Mixed Media Board
Sizzix Bigz 660331 Book, Passport die
Ranger Archival Ink Watering Can
Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black
WOW! Embossing Powder Bright White Ultra High embossing powder
Prima Marketing Finnabair Metallique wax Old Silver
Prima Marketing Finnabair Mechanicals Machine Parts
Prima Marketing Finnabair clear stamp Gothic Book
acrylic paints
washi tape
old book pages
raven printout 
jewelry frame and washers
pencil




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...