09/12/2020

Frozen adventure - Art Daily Cafe


Hi there and festive Wednesday. The Holidays are closing in and it seems this year they are extra special. I’m not sure if it’s the current situation that really makes me put even an extra amount of effort! I’m eagerly waiting for the Christmas time, the scents, the traditions, the foods, the magic. This year we’ll be just with the family, not traveling to grandparents or aunts. Just the four of us spending time together. 

This page is done for the Art Daily Cafe with the theme and color of the December. You can see the theme post here (link).


Even though it’s been years since there was snow on Christmas time here in southern Finland where I live, I still combine flurry and snow drifts to Christmas. So, when I started with the page, I first chose a photo to go to it. I love using old photos in my pages. I love to think what stories they hold or make up stories for them. There’s a big bunch of such stories and posts with that angle at Nathalie Kalbach’s blog. She called them The Whatevers. You can familiarize yourself with that here (link)

I’ve actually received a bunch of photos of this little skier from one of my crafty friends, it’s a photo of her husband as a young boy. To me that determined expression is so lovely with the skis. I paired the photo with the words “frozen adventure” as I was on one hand imagining him skiing through icy forest and on the other hand remembering my own skiing trips as a child over at my grandparent’s forests. I can reflect the quote - ”There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – also to the wandering in the woods. Those icy trees, glistening snow and the magical feeling of nature, all wrapped in white. 


There’s a myriad of ways I included shine in my page. I started with a rose gold spray ink, just adding it to my page with a brayer, breaking the blank page. I then added some collaging on top and then added another shiny product to the page – some rose gold embossing powder. There’s also shine from the pearls, the metals and glitter in the page. Another rose gold element, the color of this month, is the metals as I added a touch of rose gold wax on top of them and the embossed chipboard ring. 

Thank you for stopping by today! With this post, I’m wishing you magical Holidays! 


Materials: Prima Marketing, Aladine, Sizzix, WOW! Embossing Powder, Posca




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...