09/11/2020

What if…? - Art Daily Cafe


Moikka! Happy Monday! I'm starting the week with my take on the Art Daily Cafe's November theme. I started with the technique part and let the page take its direction from the process with the watercolors. If you want to see the theme post, here's the link (link).

The page started as a meditation of sorts. I cut pieces out of watercolor paper that fitted inside the journal, took some colors and just painted. I didn’t worry about a thing, just added color to the paper and let it spread. I did some of the areas with wet on wet and some using wet on dry. I was almost daydreaming when painting! 


I used different shades of blues, turquoises and teals in the background. The watercolors were blue, but on top I used a teal shade of Metallique acrylic paint. To finish the background, I added some stamping in black and doodles in white, teal and green. I continued with the “go with the flow” -style with the acrylic paint and doodles and ended up with quite an abstract background. 


As I wanted to show as much as possible of that background, I kept the elements coming on top in minimum. I made a little winged lady using the “Vintage Photobooth” stickers and stamped some wings for her. She needed a backdrop to be more visible from the background, so I added golden foil to the back and decorated her dress with doodles. I guess the golden foil and the style of the markings on her dress were inspired by Tawny Chatmon (link) or rather her “The Redemption” series (link), in which there’s an echo of another favorite of mine, Gustav Klimt (link). The other floating elements, on top of the background, are just words. The “what if…?” is a Finnabair stamp from the set “Dream On” but the other words are stickers. Together they point to a quote by Erin Hanson.


I really liked the idea in the quote that anything is possible. That reminded me of this quote by Erin Hanson: “There is freedom waiting for you, On the breezes of the sky, And you ask "What if I fall?" Oh but my darling, What if you fly?” It takes courage to reach for your dreams and goals. But you don’t achieve anything if you don’t reach for it. That’s why I also gave little wings to the lady in the page, to make her soar better. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Stay safe and create! 


Materials: Prima Marketing, WOW! Embossing Powder, Ranger, Posca




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...